Wednesday, July 1, 2009
you are too preoccupied by the secret smudge in the back of your soul
What name do I have for you?
Certainly there is not name for you
In the sense that the stars have names
That somehow fit them. Just walking around,
An object of curiosity to some,
But you are too preoccupied
By the secret smudge in the back of your soul
To say much and wander around,
Smiling to yourself and others.
It gets to be kind of lonely
But at the same time off-putting.
Counterproductive, as you realize once again
That the longest way is the most efficient way,
The one that looped among islands, and
You always seemed to be traveling in a circle.
"Just Walking Around," John Ashbery
[Chicago Avenue east of Damen Avenue]
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- there is no question
- the bluest blue it is possible to obtain
- i arced from coast to coast
- cat four days lost
- what to do about garlic, onions, cloves, spices
- moon's acid light
- competing pleasures will be destroyed
- the ability to disclose what already exists
- a thousand angels making festival
- another secret
- jubliating birds
- just wait, wait
- vanished quite slowly
- opening night this is 606
- the continued stream of second attention awareness...
- when the wind was right
- cast a shadow
- thinking of stabbing us to death
- write it again, eventually
- the air now clean, for a moment weightless without...
- alarm at dead of night
- you are too preoccupied by the secret smudge in th...
- ▼ July (22)