Thursday, July 2, 2009
alarm at dead of night
I hear the alarm at dead of night
I hear the bells — shouts!
I pass the crowd — run!
The sight of flames maddens me with pleasure.
"Poems of Joy," Walt Whitman
[Detail of print shown at Architrouve; originally Chicago Avenue west of Damen Avenue]
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- there is no question
- the bluest blue it is possible to obtain
- i arced from coast to coast
- cat four days lost
- what to do about garlic, onions, cloves, spices
- moon's acid light
- competing pleasures will be destroyed
- the ability to disclose what already exists
- a thousand angels making festival
- another secret
- jubliating birds
- just wait, wait
- vanished quite slowly
- opening night this is 606
- the continued stream of second attention awareness...
- when the wind was right
- cast a shadow
- thinking of stabbing us to death
- write it again, eventually
- the air now clean, for a moment weightless without...
- alarm at dead of night
- you are too preoccupied by the secret smudge in th...
- ▼ July (22)