Wednesday, July 8, 2009
the continued stream of second attention awareness
These quotations are on the wall at the Architrouve exhibition.
The important fact about urban living: the continued stream of second attention awareness. Every license plate, street sign, passing strangers, are saying something to you.
~ William S. Burroughs
Walking is the best way to explore and exploit the city; the changes, shifts, breaks in the cloud helmet, movement of light on water. Drifting purposefully is the recommended mode, tramping asphalted earth in alert reverie, allowing the fiction of an underlying pattern to assert itself… The born-again flâneur is a stubborn creature, less interested in texture and fabric, eavesdropping on philosophical conversation pieces, than in noticing everything.
~ Iain Sinclair
A city sidewalk by itself is nothing. It is an abstraction. The same might be said of streets. A city cannot be a work of art.
~ Jane Jacobs
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- there is no question
- the bluest blue it is possible to obtain
- i arced from coast to coast
- cat four days lost
- what to do about garlic, onions, cloves, spices
- moon's acid light
- competing pleasures will be destroyed
- the ability to disclose what already exists
- a thousand angels making festival
- another secret
- jubliating birds
- just wait, wait
- vanished quite slowly
- opening night this is 606
- the continued stream of second attention awareness...
- when the wind was right
- cast a shadow
- thinking of stabbing us to death
- write it again, eventually
- the air now clean, for a moment weightless without...
- alarm at dead of night
- you are too preoccupied by the secret smudge in th...
- ▼ July (22)