Tuesday, December 30, 2008
the incessant dissolving of silk
I heard the incessant dissolving of silk—
I felt my heart growing so old in real time.
Her heart must be ash where her body lies burned.
What hope lets your hands rake the cold in real time?
Dear Friend, the Belovèd has stolen your words—
Read slowly: the plot will unfold in real time.
"Ghazal," Agha Shahid Ali
[Damen Avenue below Division Street]
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- ► 2009 (279)
- last saturday evening there was a great argument i...
- the incessant dissolving of silk
- pride $2.49
- holiday cheer
- city of corners
- at five below, i miss the snow
- slush pile
- sunny early
- rock falls
- 87 87
- touching zero
- would-be burglar taken aback
- a flying saucer christmas
- souls washed clean
- no age
- ♫ the innocence I've known
- ♫ bodies against bodies against bodies in the boot...
- ♫ slipped and cracked
- idle tears
- traffic moves of its own accord
- ♫ after the impact of the cities
- 312photobooth at bar deville
- ♫ west of bishop
- ♫ it makes sense to dream of Chicago, another big ...
- interviewing steven soderbergh
- ♫ a step away from them
- ♫ on seeing the dark knight in imax at 9am
- ♫ after revolutionary road
- ▼ December (33)