Friday, November 27, 2009
the old remembered pictures
Dreams in the dusk,
Only dreams closing the day
And with the day’s close going back
To the gray things, the dark things,
The far, deep things of dreamland.
Dreams, only dreams in the dusk,
Only the old remembered pictures
Of lost days when the day’s loss
Wrote in tears the heart’s loss.
Tears and loss and broken dreams
May find your heart at dusk.
"Dreams in the Dusk," Carl Sandburg
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- made her feel very sleepy and stupid
- the old remembered pictures
- nothing is impossible
- i scratch myself; i stop writing indefinitely; i l...
- a good cuppa
- i saw a man, he danced with his wife In chicago, c...
- authentic ripple
- descent of the drowned body sinking backward
- ▼ November (13)