Saturday, August 13, 2011
so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope
“Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make. You can destroy your life every time you choose. But maybe you won’t know for twenty years! And you may never ever trace it to its source. And you only get one chance to play it out. Just try and figure out your own divorce. And they say there's no fate, but there is, it's what you create. And even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. Most of your time is spent being dead, or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain wasting years for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right, but it never comes. Or it seems to, but it doesn't really. So you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope that something good will come along, something to make you feel connected, something to make you feel cherished, something to make you feel loved. And the truth is is, I feel so angry! And the truth is, I feel so fucking sad! And the truth is, I’ve felt so fucking hurt for so fucking long and for just as long, I’ve been pretending I’m okay, just to get along! I don’t know why. Maybe because... no one wants to hear about my misery... because they have their own. Fuck everybody. Amen."
The priest's monologue, "Synecdoche, New York," Charlie Kaufman
[Chicago Avenue east of Winchester Street]
- a man with a fin-tailed car
- a frenchman in chicago
- so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer h...
- slow as a cloud
- the hand holds no chalk
- a bicycle that glitters like the wind
- some specific something that's no longer required
- every time you watch a movie
- a perpetual setting forth
- days before the injury was expected
- a minor light, a cooling star
- constantly lapsing into oblivion
- figureless landscapes drenched in the light worked...
- no moon and the stars sparse
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2010 (115)
- ► 2009 (279)