Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look and wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build... I'll be there, too.
"The Grapes of Wrath," adapted by Nunnally Johnson from John Steinbeck
[Chicago Avenue at Damen Avenue]
- ► 2011 (107)
- seeing snatches and staticky fragments
- working did to the trouble what gin did to the pai...
- they help to photograph thought
- don't give a damn
- relating a person to the whole world
- if they would only purr
- adore explosions
- authentic primitive
- all around in the dark
- At what precise moment had Peru...
- you cannot read me like an open book
- the strength of a majority is illusory
- to show people
- that still happens
- gaudy day
- woke on a sudden manhattan
- collector's passion
- fairly shrewd idea
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2009 (279)