Wednesday, June 17, 2009
in silence the heart
In silence the heart raves. It utters words
Meaningless, that never had
A meaning. I was ten, skinny, red-headed,
Freckled... There is nothing like
Beauty. It stops your heart. It
Thickens your blood. It stops your breath. It
Makes you feel dirty. You need a hot bath.
I leaned against a telephone pole, and watched.
I thought I would die if she saw me.
"True Love," Robert Penn Warren
[East of Damen Avenue, north of North Avenue]
- ► 2011 (107)
- ► 2010 (115)
- no light will project them
- the waitress turns kitchenward, her ankle blooms w...
- the eerie brightness of nighttime
- what you gotta do is play your own simple blues
- a wild ragged figure motioning him to turn around ...
- voices instead of colors
- quietly obscene
- in silence the heart
- now is, all there is
- but a dream
- the universe will soon
- sincere and lilting tone
- desperate enough just to do anything
- as close to their reflections
- spring breeze
- conflagrations, ruins, scenes of spectacular carna...
- the moment of a yawn
- I want to walk like I'm the only woman on earth an...
- rounded with a sleep
- night breeze
- ▼ June (23)